• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've been thinking about Reggie...

Schez

Mama Doe
Well, I always am :lol::love:;) but I've been thinking about his bunny life in the house with us...

You know, I really think he's happy... This house is always busy, and there's always someone making a fuss of him. The bond I have with him is amazing (my sister-in-law commented on it today; she was rather surprised as she didn't realise bunnies could be like that... Slowly educating ;) ) But I wonder if not having other bunny company is fair on him? If I'm doing my best for him you know?

I've discussed the issue with my husband, but we really think bringing another bunny into the house would be unfair as our home is rather small. Plus; we have nine beautiful bunny heartbeats to take care of in total so I'm reluctant to strain finances anymore.

:?

I guess there's no real reason for posting, I was just sitting here with old long ears and thinking about him and if he was content. :love:

It sounds like he's quite content on his own and you share your life with him so your judgement is the most reliable, but personally I would always want to keep rabbits in pairs or groups where possible.

If you don't want to take on any more rabbits, maybe you could bond him with one or more of your other rabbits?

It sounds like he's quite content on his own and you share your life with him so your judgement is the most reliable, but personally I would always want to keep rabbits in pairs or groups where possible.

If you don't want to take on any more rabbits, maybe you could bond him with one or more of your other rabbits?

I was thinking this too, there would be possible bonds...:D I think the main issue we have is space. :( my husband feels that having another bunny in the kitchen would be too much (Reggie does have access to the downstairs during the day, but his "base" is the kitchen - there's a baby gate across the doorway for night time) .. So the alternative would be that he moves outside... Which I don't have funds for right this moment in time, being a giant breed, I wouldn't want a hutch/run combo set up for him.. It would have to be a shed/aviary type thing... I've even gone as far as thinking what if we had an extension made on the house; as a family we could do with it - I'm not just thinking of the bunnies. ;) :oops: sorry to ramble, I've just been thinking a lot. :oops: it's dangerous when schez is thinking... :lol:

Back