• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lino at the top of a ramp

bizziel

Alpha Buck
I have now finished assembling the new indoor hutch. I'm really pleased with it but have hit a snag whilst putting in the lino. What do I do at the top of the ramp?

Here is a pic of it:
da3apu4y.jpg

Not sure if you can see or not. My plan is to get some skirting boards and stick them to the walls around the edges of the hutch so the buns can't get to the edge of the lino. Coco is really bad for chewing and digging so I know if she can get at any edges they will be toast.

But I can't do this at the top of the ramp. The only thing I can think is to cut a square out of the corner of the lino and then edge it with some thin wood baton so Coco can't get at it. But this will mean a sort of lip at the top of the ramp which could be dangerous if they trip or catch their feet.

Had anyone got any other suggestions?

Personally what I'd try to do would be to make that curve into a straight line so you have 3 straight lines, and then lay the lino down. Then cover with metal strips like I've done around my runaround hole here: . Not sure what they're called but we got them from homebase, and I'm sure they do them in B&Q etc! They've been really good in my case

Back