• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baytril question

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Mr B has been given some Baytril and the vet said to syringe him 0.6mls. However the label on the bottle says dilute the contents of the bottle (5ml) in 1 litre of water and use the solution as the only drinking water available for 5 days!

I have never given Baytril in this way before!

What should i do with it?

I'd ring your vet and speak to a nurse, explaining that you are confused. The nurse will know and if she doesn't, she'll ask the vet.

I would follow the vet's instructions. If you feel the slightest bit anxious, though, by all means ring them to check.

Rolo had baytril recently for a water infection - the vet recommended diluting it in ribena or pineapple juice but also said it was fine to be given neat which is what I did, far easier to get a small dose into him.

Got given Baytril for Amy last week- they said just to give it orally twice a day. Well, the vet said once when we were in the consulting room, but the instructions on the label said twice, so I followed that. She really, really hates the taste.

No matter the animal I've always given it orally. I much prefer to know they're getting enough of it!

Back