• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not sure what to do!

tashp90

Warren Veteran
I have a few things going on with my family at the moment. Last week I had to rush home (wales) and left my OH in charge of the bunnies for a few days, which was fine as he was free. I came back (to taunton) yesterday, and I now need to return to Wales this evening. I'll be back to Taunton tomorrow afternoon/evening, but I have nobody to look after the bunnies in the time I'm gone. OH is working away so he can't pop in.
I will give them their veggies before I leave this evening, and have spare bowls so I can leave them with plenty of water, and will give them lots of hay. They usually have their pellets first thing in the morning - but I won't be here. Will they be ok if it's just for 24 hours, and a one off?

I think, all things being equal, and nothing untoward happens, the answer is Yes. Give them plenty of hay and they should be fine. Might have gone off you for a while but should soon forget about it!

I think, all things being equal, and nothing untoward happens, the answer is Yes. Give them plenty of hay and they should be fine. Might have gone off you for a while but should soon forget about it!
Thanks for the reply :thumb:

I've left them with 3 bowls of water each? lots and lots of hay, and gave them their veggies. I've also put some forage mixed in with their hay to keep them occupied :).

OH's mum is going to try and pop in on her way home from work at around 6 am, I've left their pellets out for her in case she does.

That will be enough water, mine don't drink that much except after they have eaten. Hope you have a good journey - quite a drive!

Have you got any pet sitters nearby? If I'm away for 24 hrs and OH is away, I have a sitter pop in to check up, clean and feed :)

Sounds like you've done your best by them. :thumb: Hope you don't get the huff treatment.
Thank you. I'm sure a handful of pellets and all will be forgotten ;)
That will be enough water, mine don't drink that much except after they have eaten. Hope you have a good journey - quite a drive!
Well Maizie and Daisy have 3 between them...They won't drink even one though. Marble had 3 to herself, she goes through a lot of water though...mostly because she stands in it/throws toys in it so it splashes everywhere :roll:

Have you got any pet sitters nearby? If I'm away for 24 hrs and OH is away, I have a sitter pop in to check up, clean and feed :)
I didn't think of a pet sitter :oops: OH's mum popped in this morning and said all was ok, they all came running to greet her :lol:

Back