• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Medivet Payment Plan

Janey

Warren Veteran
I went to get the buns vaccinated on Saturday and was offered a payment plan type thing where you pay £7.50 a month and it covers your vaccinations for the year (which obviously there is only one of) plus some other things. The other things were worming (which I don't do annually but know some do) and rearguard which I know isn't really reccommended for healthy rabbits. They also tried to claim it covers a health check but you get that when you take them for vaccinations anyway :roll:

Is it just me or do you think it's a case of even vet surgeries just trying to make money out of people? I'm not a fan of big corporate organisations but don't have much choice because it's the only rabbit savvy vet remotely close to me. It's such a big surgery and organisation, they never know who I am when I walk in (despite practically living there at one point), yet I can call my local vet where I take my cat and the nurse will ask how the cat is as well as ask after all my parent's cats by name. Don't get me wrong, the vets are good.

Just a few thoughts really about the difference in surgeries and the kind of services they offer, one seems to be for money and the other for genuine care.

I haven't done it for my rabbits as I don't want the regular worming stuff or the Rearguard and they always have a check-up when they go for their boosters. In fact my rabbit-savvy never even mentioned it. I'm currently debating whether to cancel their insurance, as the excess is now so high.

I do have it for two of my cats (was able to get a decent discount for dental treatment, and I always get their worming and flea stuff from the vet anyway).

I haven't done it for my rabbits as I don't want the regular worming stuff or the Rearguard and they always have a check-up when they go for their boosters. In fact my rabbit-savvy never even mentioned it. I'm currently debating whether to cancel their insurance, as the excess is now so high.

I do have it for two of my cats (was able to get a decent discount for dental treatment, and I always get their worming and flea stuff from the vet anyway).

Yes, I didn't go for it, I already pay a fortune per month in insurance direct debits, don't want to add to it.

Could make more sense for the cat, although I don't think his surgery offers it....typical :roll:

Medivet are one of the more expensive vets I have used :shock:

That said, there's a vet in a North London branch I go to, and another nearer home. I would trust them with my rabbits' lives.
I suppose it's a question of who you feel looks after your animal the best, though them knowing who you are is nice as well :D

I certainly wouldn't go in for any monthly payment plan. Insurance is too expensive in my area, so I pay as I need ...

Yes, I didn't go for it, I already pay a fortune per month in insurance direct debits, don't want to add to it.

Could make more sense for the cat, although I don't think his surgery offers it....typical :roll:

Would be worth looking at Rupert's vet's website - as so many vets seem to do it now.

Would be worth looking at Rupert's vet's website - as so many vets seem to do it now.

Aww you know how name :D

Yes, I will have a look. He's not speaking to me right now, he spent the weekend in my parents garden, he's not happy to be home.

Oooooh, as I'm typing this he's sat on my knee, maybe I'm finally forgiven ;)

MightyMax where do you go in North London?

Aww you know how name :D

Yes, I will have a look. He's not speaking to me right now, he spent the weekend in my parents garden, he's not happy to be home.

Oooooh, as I'm typing this he's sat on my knee, maybe I'm finally forgiven ;)

MightyMax where do you go in North London?

How could I forget such a handsome chap's name!:wave:

Back