• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Earwigs and harvestmen!

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Has anyone else been noticing a LOT of these?! Ok so the earwigs have always been around but I am surprised to find as many in the shed. In the hutches they'd hide in the gaps between the doors etc and around the front of the hutches where it would be a but damper due to rain getting in. But the shed is dry and I'm finding them in my storage boxes - admittedly they probably crawl in then can't get back out, but they seem to be in very dry areas. I tipped the remainder of the wood pellet litter into a tray a while back and there were loads in it! I've kept it in the bag ever since!
And the harvestmen :shock: they're everywhere!! I'm not worried as they're harmless I'm just amazed by how many there are!

Has anyone else been noticing a LOT of these?! Ok so the earwigs have always been around but I am surprised to find as many in the shed. In the hutches they'd hide in the gaps between the doors etc and around the front of the hutches where it would be a but damper due to rain getting in. But the shed is dry and I'm finding them in my storage boxes - admittedly they probably crawl in then can't get back out, but they seem to be in very dry areas. I tipped the remainder of the wood pellet litter into a tray a while back and there were loads in it! I've kept it in the bag ever since!
And the harvestmen :shock: they're everywhere!! I'm not worried as they're harmless I'm just amazed by how many there are!

harvestmen = basicaly spiders. ugh no haven't noticed them around us, but will be keeping an eye out for them now! :(

harvestmen = basicaly spiders. ugh no haven't noticed them around us, but will be keeping an eye out for them now! :(

You wouldn't want to come in my shed, they're literally everywhere u look!! They're in every box, in and behind the litter trays, round the door... Everywhere! I should take it as a compliment, it's obviously a great shed :lol:

Back