• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What can i do to solve this problem??!

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
This is Molly's new room.

As you can see, the window is really low so she'll be able to jump up and sit there, which she will love. BUT the windows open vertically, so i need to stop her falling/jumping out, but still be able to open and close them... Haven't got a clue. Ideas welcome!!!

Can you open it on a lock position, or would that not give enough ventilation? Short of a new window :shock: could you get a mesh grid made to fit, that you fix in place after you open it?

I would go for a mesh grid. It could even be hinged on one side and a secure attachment on the other, so a mesh door really.

My daft buns would chew at the velcro on the cat things.

Will a,pet safety gate fit ,the gaps are narrow and they are very high but you would still be able to get your hand through to open /close window ?

That flat cat thing looks brilliant for our bedroom window to kep the cat in. I think my buns would chew and dig at it though :roll: I'd say some kind of write frame. Also, often sash windows open down from the top as well as up from the bottom, though I expect you have checked this.

I bought catflats for the cat and they have worked very well so far. I do agree though, depending on the bunny they may chew them :roll:

My daft buns would chew at the velcro on the cat things.

Haha, oh yes, that's a good point. My two little angels wouldn't dare but probably not a good idea with chewers. :shock::lol: They are brilliant for cats though - my friend recently bought one for the door so that his kitten can't venture out onto the balcony. I'm sure I've seen something that actually fits into the gap created when you open the window too that might be more bunny-proof but I can't remember where. :oops:

I watched the video on the website, and they do look a bit flimsy :( i know i need to get something made then, but i only have until Saturday and no one to do it!! :( panic stations!

In the interim, could you not get a piece of Perspex cut to size and find a way of wedging it in to, say 3/4 way up the window, then bunn could still see out & fresh air circulate.

Back