• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feel out ofmy depth... :0(

vicky_26

Warren Scout
Seemed to be going really well.... Then this morning had some issues (my fault and so annoyed with myself) and I was worried had gone back to the start...but they seemed to settle down again. For the rest of today seemed to be fine....laying together, both grooming! really calm together.... Then a little while ago they seemed to have a spat and there was some chasing and fur flying again. Don't know what/who started it.

It seems like whereas Parker was wary of Hugo when they first went together, now Hugo seems wary so not sure if Parker started the scuffle?

Really trying not to over think this and I know it's not going to happen overnight but just worried. I have managed to wangle working from home tomorrow but I do have to go into work Tuesday.

Why is this so hard :0(
Sorry to go on...
Just hate the not knowing what's going to happen or if I am doing this right.

Only just seen this. I'm sure if they are grooming etc that's got to be a good thing. I wouldn't move them or extend their space at all for at least 48 hrs after any fur pulling/chasing incidents. Can anyone watch them tomorrow when you are at work?

They won't have learnt to trust one another fully yet so there may be little disagreements. Overall it seems to be going well. If you aren't sure by tonight that they will be ok left together the safest thing is to separate them for their own good.

Thank you for your replies.

Last night just as I was going to go to bed they had another scuffle. As I knew I would have to go to work Tuesday and I wouldn't have anyone to watch them I (rightly or wrongly) decided maybe to try and switch to the dating type and when I could get a week off work try and do it that way. So I left Hugo in the puppy pen and let Parker outside of TNT so they were still together in a way just couldn't actually get to one and other.

This morning I put Parker back in the cage and there was one initial scuffle but then there has been some grooming from both of them.

It seems like Hugo is now the one who is scared/wary. Does this mean that Parker tried to be boss which unsettled things? He seems quite nervy (which is how Parker was at the start).

I was seriously considering seeing if there is anywhere that does a bonding service near me...I'm no good at this! I don't know if the chasing and fur flying is just that or fighting so not sure if I should leave or separate.

Thanks again for your advice....I know it's stupid but I felt really lost last night not knowing what to do for the best :0(

Back