• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone know my two female rabbits breeds?

I tried the URLs in a browser but Photo bucket said they didn't exist so that's what made me think they'd not been made public.

Try the link iv just put up that should take you to the album hopefully.

Last edited:
Go into photobucket, put your mouse/cursor over the picture you want to copy and it should bring up like a wheel with an automatic drop-down list; click on "get links". This will open up another box, quite big. Hover over the one at the bottom (well it's that one for me!) until your pointy cursor turns into a hand with one finger showing and then click on it; it should turn yellow with "copied" popping up. Come back into RU, get to your post and press "Ctrl" and the letter "v" at the same time and it should paste it in. Make sure you leave clear lines between each copy/paste else it won't work.

Preview your post before submitting it as this should show your pictures in full glory :)

They both have manes so I guess that makes them Lionhead rabbits :) There ears are a bit big for Lionhead, so it might mean they are a cross.

Very cute

Hi can anyone tell me what breeds are in my 9 week old rabbits? I was sold them as lionheads but iv recently been told there mixed and wanted to know what with.

20140725_231334.jpg

They are a fluffy pair aren't they? :D

Well they certainly have lionhead in them. They look rather big for baby Lionheads, so I would guess that one parent was a larger rabbit.

Realistically, most pet rabbits are a mix of all sorts, especially if they are bought from pet shops or back yard breeders. Most rabbits have a lot of different breeds in them somewhere down the line, people just tend to call them by their dominant trait, in your case the lionhead mane. So they probably aren't a straight cross between two pure breeds, but instead a bit of a mix.

They're very pretty :)

Well they certainly have lionhead in them. They look rather big for baby Lionheads, so I would guess that one parent was a larger rabbit.

Realistically, most pet rabbits are a mix of all sorts, especially if they are bought from pet shops or back yard breeders. Most rabbits have a lot of different breeds in them somewhere down the line, people just tend to call them by their dominant trait, in your case the lionhead mane. So they probably aren't a straight cross between two pure breeds, but instead a bit of a mix.

They're very pretty :)

Someone told me they think they could be crossed with a giant can't remember the name of it but they said the ears remind them of that breed. And with them being 9 week old they look rather big for that age. I'm not bothered what there mixed with as I love them even more when they stop scratching my arms to pic up lol! But it's just nice to know.

They are beautifully fluffy!

Has the vet sexed them yet? At 9 weeks its only a few weeks longer until a male might start feeling humpy!

They are beautifully fluffy!

Has the vet sexed them yet? At 9 weeks its only a few weeks longer until a male might start feeling humpy!

No vet haven't sexed them iv been told there both female by who I got them from. If there not then one will be going back or I will have to separate them. Don't think I could take one back lol.

Wow those are some fluffy lionheads :lol: Most pet bred/crossed lionheads don't have anywhere near as much fur, it's mainly the show bred lionheads but yours are much bigger and have much larger ears. It could just be that someone's been breeding them as pets and maybe crossed them with a larger breed a few generations back but have selectively bred the fluffiest, or maybe even crossed a lionhead with an angora?

These are two of my lionheads if that helps at all! Yours could be lionhead x English (purely based on the spotty markings) but they are probably a mix of more than two breeds. Mine look like they have big ears too but that is my camera skills (!) I think.

Yours are lovely and floofy :love:

These are two of my lionheads if that helps at all! Yours could be lionhead x English (purely based on the spotty markings) but they are probably a mix of more than two breeds. Mine look like they have big ears too but that is my camera skills (!) I think.

Yours are lovely and floofy :love:

Aww yours are so fluffy too haha you can barely see their faces :love:

I doubt the OP's rabbits have any English in them though, English spots have very short fur and aren't that large and they seem to be quite rare now, especially in the fancier colours. All sorts of breeds come with spotty variations, nearly all lop breeds, netherland dwarfs, purebred lionheads, and of course crossbreeds :)

Wow those are some fluffy lionheads :lol: Most pet bred/crossed lionheads don't have anywhere near as much fur, it's mainly the show bred lionheads but yours are much bigger and have much larger ears. It could just be that someone's been breeding them as pets and maybe crossed them with a larger breed a few generations back but have selectively bred the fluffiest, or maybe even crossed a lionhead with an angora?

Lol thanks they are fluffy ant they haha iv been combing them once a day. There bottoms arnt bad tho no poo gets stuck to them.
I do love them there funny. Really interested to see how they grow now tho lol best get hooding them more if there going to be big girls! Don't want them clawing my arms then lol. The other sister to them was pure white and had no mane or anything! I wouldn't of thought they had been from the same litter.

Back