• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pippa Bunny *NEWS!!!*

Schez

Mama Doe
Beautiful girlie :love:

She's heading into the vets at 9:10am for her spay tomorrow... If I have to fight for metacam again like some of the others I'm not going to be best pleased... Though, the vets should really know what I'm like by now... :lol:;)

I've taken bunnies in for this op a few times, but it's still a little nerve wracking :oops: and she's the "baby" of the fluffs. :love:

I've still got to label her water bottle and pack her lunch box yet... :D

Here's some pics (I never get good pics of pips coz of her colouring)

Iz not impressed hoomin

Having a chat... :lol:
"I haz the same probs wiv that hoomin..." :shock:

This has better be the very last picture...

She's an awesome little bunny. Fingers crossed that all goes well tomorrow. :love:

Last edited:
Don't you use Blake Vets? They gave me metacam for Maizie and Daisy without me asking :thumb:

Pippa is beautiful :love::love:

Thank you guys. :wave:

She was watching me very carefully this morning as she ate... I think she knew something was up... And she thumped at me lots. :shock:

Pippa: Back off hoomin... I don't knows what yous up to but I thumps at you... There, that told you! :shock:

For a bunny so small she's feisty. :lol::love:

Tash, yep I use Blakes, I've had to ask for metacam. If I hadn't been part of the forum - I wouldn't have known. :( Maybe it depends which vet you get... :?

News!!!

So, we take Pippa in, she's checked and she's looking great. :love:

I hate leaving her but get out into the car park and the mobile starts ringing. It's the vet. :shock:

: Hello?

:Erm, we started prepping Pippa and we found something...

(I think I stop breathing at this point) : Oh yes?

: It would appear that Pippa has testicles.... :shock: So are you happy for us to change plans a little (cough) and perform a castration instead of a spay?

(Can't speak for a moment :lol:)

:yes, please do...

:shock:

Oh my goodness. PIPPA IS A BOY?!?!
How on earth.... .???!
*faints*

Pippa will now be named Pips...

:lol::lol::lol: ;)

:lol: what a shock!!!

I don't remember seeing Pips before! He is gorgeous :love: when did you get him? Is he indoors/outdoors? Was he planning on befriending any of your other bunnies, and has that changed now he's revealed his secrets :lol: (I'm so nosy sorry :oops:)

Lots of good luck for his op!

:lol: what a shock!!!

I don't remember seeing Pips before! He is gorgeous :love: when did you get him? Is he indoors/outdoors? Was he planning on befriending any of your other bunnies, and has that changed now he's revealed his secrets :lol: (I'm so nosy sorry :oops:)

Lots of good luck for his op!

It's not nosy, it's lovely to be able to talk to someone about the bunnies. :thumb:

Pippa came into our lives August of last year and on first vet visit confirmed as a "female in good health":love: "She" bonded with Harry and the plan was to take them both into the vets when she was ready for her spay. That's when poor Harry contracted Myxi. :( and it was Pippa's behaviour that alerted us that something wasn't right. So, they had to be separated, with Harry coming to live in with us to be nursed/fight the horrible disease. When he was better, he went back outside (he really is an outside kinda chap, he coped inside but it was obvious it couldn't be permanent) and Pippa came inside to await her spay, and on recovery, to be rebonded with Harry. And so here we are... :shock::lol:

I just hope it's love at 1st sight when we attempt bonding again. :love:

Thank you for the luck. :thumb: I'm always anxious when they go in... I keep thinking, when do I phone to see if it went ok and if they are awake yet... Are they scared, are they being treated with respect and care... The list is endless... :oops::lol:

It's not nosy, it's lovely to be able to talk to someone about the bunnies. :thumb:

Pippa came into our lives August of last year and on first vet visit confirmed as a "female in good health":love: "She" bonded with Harry and the plan was to take them both into the vets when she was ready for her spay. That's when poor Harry contracted Myxi. :( and it was Pippa's behaviour that alerted us that something wasn't right. So, they had to be separated, with Harry coming to live in with us to be nursed/fight the horrible disease. When he was better, he went back outside (he really is an outside kinda chap, he coped inside but it was obvious it couldn't be permanent) and Pippa came inside to await her spay, and on recovery, to be rebonded with Harry. And so here we are... :shock::lol:

I just hope it's love at 1st sight when we attempt bonding again. :love:

Thank you for the luck. :thumb: I'm always anxious when they go in... I keep thinking, when do I phone to see if it went ok and if they are awake yet... Are they scared, are they being treated with respect and care... The list is endless... :oops::lol:

Sounds like "she" has had an eventful year! Love that he managed to hide his plums from everyone for so long, poor Harvey's were so big he practically waddled :lol: there was no hiding them! He couldn't even pull them back in when I went to check his downstairs area :shock:

I got scared too with mine, Harvey went for X-rays under GA not so long ago and I was terrified because he's a little funny with GA, I was scared when Lilly went for her spay but I shouldn't have been, she was more than fine, it was like nothing had happened :lol: at least now Pips is a boy he gets to have a more minor and a quicker op!

I hope everything goes well with the op, and the rebonding! How long are you planning to wait for bonding? I hope that the fact they were previously bonded will make it easy this time!

!!!! what a great story so far. Hope he and Harry get on well once they can be introduced. How many rabbits have you got now?

I was 'only' going to have six but fell for two belgian hares in rescue so now its eight and that is definately enough. All outdoors and all gorgeous :D

I didn't even see a vet at Blake', only nurses! They gave me metacam that was to be given in drops, and were going to give me critical care but I already had some :lol: they also phoned on the Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday to check Daisy was ok (wasn't eating when I took her) and had a follow up appointment on the Monday. I thought they were excellent :lol:

Hopefully that means they've changed their practices when it comes to rabbit :thumb:

Oh my goodness, cannot believe Pippa is a boy :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: must be a very calm boy!

Hope the op goes well :thumb:

Oh my :shock: A very pretty little boy :lol:

Good luck with his op, at least his recovery will hopefully be quicker and easier than if he was a girl and had to have a spay xx

Back