• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

After everything else, it looks like we are going to lose Bunty.

Buntypops

Young Bun
After everything with her fractured pelvis we thought the worst was over...wrong.

She seemed to be healing fine, her leg has healed sticking out a bit but we were told that it might do that and shouldn't cause problems. She also had a little blip with too much calcium in her wee which we were told is quite common with cage rest as when they run around it mixes the calcium up so to speak, otherwise it just sits there and causes problems.

She's seemed so happy the last few days but today we were woken up by the sound of her grunting and struggling in pain and you could see she was trying to wee or poop and couldn't. So we went straight to the emergency vets.

The vet really isn't happy and thinks her fracture has caused nerve damage. Her leg isn't right, her bladder feels like a golf ball and you literally have to massage and push it to get urine out. She can feel no bladder stones and can feel the way the pelvis is pushing her bladder.

She gave her pain meds and fluids and told is to force feed her as she isn't eating. We asked is it worth it for the bunny as we would never ever prolong an animals pain just because we want them with us. So she said just give her the night and bring her straight back tomorrow if there is no change.

Sorry I've rambled so much I'm just sat, home alone trying to force feed her, keep her comfy, rub her bladder and try to keep sane/not cry at the same time. The staying sane and tear-free is not working. Nor is the force feeding at the moment I can't even get near her face.

I agree with the vet, I don't think this will end well and I think we will be straight back to the vets tomorrow to say goodbye

I'm so sorry you are going through this :( letting go is the hardest decision that we have to make. You'll know if your heart when it is her time. Thinking of you and sending vibes to bunty xx

Thank you all

She is refusing to move, drink or eat it just seems like she's lost the will. I hope no one takes this the wrong way but I'd rather her just drift off today in her house than putting her in the car tomorrow, taking her to the vets and them having to give her an injection to go while she is stressed :(

I understand what you are saying. :cry: (((Vibes))) for keeping her as comfortable as possible.xx

So sorry you're going through this - keeping you and Bunty in my thoughts.

:cry:.. Poor little Bunty..... i am sorry she's struggling... You know your bunnies best and making that sort of decision is never going to be easy...

Vibes and lots of love being sent...

fee xxxxx

Oh no :( Sending huge amounts of vibes and prayers your way for Bunty and hugs for you. xxxxxxxx

I'm so sorry to hear Bunty is really poorly. Wishing her to be as comfortable as possible. Lots of vibes for Bunty x

Thank you everyone xxx

She's still refusing point blank to drink or eat and is still groaning. I have managed to get some oxbow critical care into her but only the tiniest bit with some extra water mixed in. I have to crush up a teeny tiny tramadol tablet into ten parts and give one part to her at 8 with more food and water I just hope she will let me near her. Been massaging her she has done a few smallish poops but no urine since the vet managed to get some out this morning, not really sure what more I can do x

Oh God that's awful. Can you phone your vet and ask their advice on what you can do right now? Or if there's anything else at all that you can do?
I'm really sorry, I have nothing useful to suggest because you have clearly done everything you could possibly do. I am so sorry and send you lots of good wishes xx

Thinking of you

Thinking of you and sending comforting vibes, its heartbreaking. I'm going through a very upsetting time with my little girl bun right now. I hate it xx

She's gone.

She somehow held on for the night but you could tell she'd totally given up even though she still wanted a head scratch

Took her straight to the vets - her tiny little body had had enough and was ready to go. After loads of fuss and kisses she went peacefully with the lovely vet.

Dreading going home to an empty, quiet house without that little face honking to see me.

Back