• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New hutch questions

Ailstar

Mama Doe
I'm possibly thinking about getting a new hutch for Levi and Daisy when I move so that their current one can stay at my parents for when they need to have 'sleepovers' (haha). Where would people recommend for good quality hutches that don't break the bank?

The hutch will be kept in a shed so will be out the elements, it will be connected to an outside run that will be (at least 10ft x6ft) - I think my dad will build it so it can be whatever size I want. They currently have a 5ft double hutch but I'm thinking I'll get at 6ft hutch this time -do you think it needs to be a 6ft double? Or would a single be ok? I was thinking a double would give them more space.....

And before anyone suggests it they can't take over the whole shed I need the space to store 'bunny stuff' and it's also got power so there are sockets there and eventually need the space for kitchen appliances.

I think if you can have a 6 ft double that would be great, what you lose in floor space for the ramp will be more than made up for by the extra floor. I haven't personally used any of these but I would try the hutchman on here, Daniel on here, happyhutch, or a local joiner.

I just got a new 6ft double from kernow pet housing. It's really nice, lovely and sturdy and Pilch will make it the your exact spec if need be to make the most of the space. Mine is 6ft by 2ft6 and 2 ft tall per storey. Just fitting it out now so hopefully buns will be in tomorrow :)

I've added the lino and skirting boards and painted it with the detail. It will live in our living room so wanted it the be pretty.
uqy2y3yd.jpg

Back