• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits For Sale..

I saw one ad' as 'Summer Clearance Sale'.......................... :roll:

And another 'bargain' - a recently mated Doe, so one Rabbit + not yet born kits :cry: Reported the ad on all the sites I found it but only one site (Preloved) removed it :cry:

It violates the term 'preloved'. There was no 'preloved' about those babies they are carelessly selling, they were not loved and cared for once and now need a new home: they were dragged into this world for a profit. Ugh.

:evil:

I have banned myself from sites like this. It only gets me in trouble. :oops: and makes me feel bad that there's no more room here.

I had the misfortune to see an ad yesterday for a hutch with 6 rabbit residents... 5 female and 1 male.. living together. There were no details given on the rabbits but anybody want to take any bets at to whether or not he was neutered? :cry::cry:

I saw a couple of awful ads where a woman was rehoming two single, un-neutered rabbits, each in a separate hutch, and the hutch was one of those nightmare guinea-pig made ones that was so low it was almost touching the rabbit's back and barely let him take two steps either side. The worst part was that she was rehoming them due to having bought too many other pets recently and not being able to look after them all and refusing to let them go without the new owner paying full price (£60) for each of those awful hutches as well.

Some of the rabbits ive seen on preloved and other second hand sites are awful.

In a few years time I aim to rescue a bunch of rabbits from second hand sites who are kept together in guinea pig hutches together in terrible conditions - then id take them on spay/neuter, vaccinate, bond and make them healthy and on a proper diet.
Then rehome to people who ACTUALLY care for rabbits properly and have the right accommodation, though ill probably end up keeping a few pairs :lol:

I think it would be really rewarding to see the changes in the rabbits and for them to get new homes aswell, though obviously I wouldn't take on the rabbits who are for profit - only ones that are really preloved.

Back