• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting

Are any of your buns moulting as my two are moulting really badly. They hate being stroked or picked up so it's a challege getting the excess fur of them. They are both in a mood with me now

Yep, Nena looks like a hobo bunny! I've been plucking her fur like mad for weeks and it's still coming!

I find brushing isn't always that effective, have you tried just plucking out the big sticky out-y bits and leaving it at that? It gets the worst out but is nice and quick, so hopefully your bunnies won't hate you for too long :shock:

I have a lot of moulting bunnies :( and some are moulting heavily. It doesn't seem to bother them though.

My 2 are actually having a full moult for the first time in 3 years. This is Coco:

Actually it's a lot, lot bigger now; spreading all over her shoulders and three quarters down her back. It's fab to pluck but really strange to stroke :lol:

Thumper's not as bad. She rarely moults as much as Coco anyway but actually has a patch about the size of a 50p on her back at the moment.

I really annoy them sometimes as it's like an addiction, plucking all the loose fur, it's fab! Thumper doesn't stand still for long though but if Coco's found a nice patch of grass she'll stand me plucking her for a good few minutes. Her fur comes out in sheets! Could make a new rabbit :lol: You wanna see the garden - there's fur everywhere :lol:; looks like there's been a right scrap between them! :shock::lol:

My Bugsy is moulting around his rear end, but whenever I try to brush him with the slicker brush ( a kitten one that is really good) he gets all frisky and starts humping Bramble :shock: Now I have to distract him with a few ss pellets whils I brush him :lol::lol:

Kizzy seems to moult nice and evenly but poor Bob looked like he had a fur tutu at one point. He hates being groomed (unless it's by Kizzy) but it had to be done because I was worried he might get matted fur or even a mucky bottom. Much as Bob hates it the promise of a fenugreek crunchy means he'll put up with it.

On the plus side my mother-in-law is over the moon as she's using their fur to spin into wool - I'm hoping that my Xmas present this year will be a luxury wool scarf made with 20% Bob and Kizzy :love:

Tessie is an absolute mass of tufts atm. The others are all looking pretty smooth (except for the usual lionhead fluffiness on 4 of them).

They all dislike being touched, except the totally smooth Sunshine, so I will have some major sulking after my next 'catch n pluck' session.

Amy seems to be moulting very slowly- you hold her, you get fur on your clothes, and petting her causes it to fly off and there are loads of sticky outie bits I gently pluck, but it's been this way for months now really.

Rosie is moulting a lot at the mo. It puts her in bad form ... Or maybe it's just me that has her in a mood. Lol! Who knows but I groom and pluck her twice a day so I can understand why I'm not her favourite person !!!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

My wee Smudge has a mouldy skirt and looks like a tramp... Poor wee man, he now associates me with a brush and he avoids me like the plague... I can't get near him now...

Back