• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just brought my rabbit home for the first time....excited much!

GabyEmilyB

Warren Scout
As the title explains I've brought my boy home and I'm excited and totally nervous at the same time!
How do I know that he knows where his food and water is?
He used to a bottle of water but I want him to use a bowl so he has both
He's sitting very quietly in his bedroom compartment at the moment and I'm do paranoid that he's ok lol im going to leave him alone quietly with the fan on to keep him cool for a while.

It's so stressful!lol

he'll know! but he'll be petrified at the mo.

leave him to settle and get used to the noises around him and then gently talk to him. just don't push him too far right now :)

is he indoors or outdoors?

Indoors. I've shut the door to my room so he gets peace and quiet. He's going to have free rein of my room but I've shut him in the hutch for a while so he can calm down. He travelled really well!really chilled out and went to sleep :)

AWWW HAPPY HOMECOMING LITTLE'UN!!:love:

I hope he settles in, will take a wee while so dont expect too much, just keep an eye on his eating, drinking and pooping!!!

Thank you :)
When do you think I should encourage him to explore the rest of room?
How exciting! Have you Rabbit proofed the room? Electric cables are the most important thing to keep out of his reach or he could hurt himself. Also anything else you don't want him chewing :)

is he only a baby, he will know where his food and water is don't worry, what kind is he and colour, once he has settled then begin to let him explore as all might be abit to much at once

We'll it took him less than an hour to settle and he's now running around my room like he owns the place!nudging my feet if I'm in his way!lol yeah he is a baby and I'm shocked how quickly he's settled in!eating and pooping and preferring the water bowl to the bottle that he was used to!

I'm in love already <3 he's a harlequin dwarf lop. Will attach some pictures when I work out how to lol

Thank you :)

Mr attitude I'm going to call him. I'm a bunny slave already!

He's helped himself to the unopened pack of alfalfa hay I bought and wasn't going to use yet!it was just in his reach (my bad) and he's chewed through the plastic to get it!terror!lol

Back