• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lion bunnies escape!

Schez

Mama Doe
So... It's been an eventful morning over here. Not only have we had to book in poor Jamie cat for a vets appointment, my youngest son has attempted to be helpful... :shock:

Now, the boys are generally well trained bunny mini-slaves and often pick dandelion leaves for the bunnies (they know to check with mummy first) ... The idea is they post the leaves through the run and the bunnies go bananas when they see the boys coming :love: (it's true love... :lol:;))

Anyhoo, my youngest son comes to tell me that he's given the lions some leaves, and takes me outside to show me, only he hasn't posted them, he's unbolted the sleeping quarters of the hutch and two little lion bunnies are looking at me as if to say: nah-nah-nee-nah-naaaaaaaaah! :shock::shock::shock:

So, we rounded them up, somehow, little z (my youngest) manage to herd Smudge back in. :shock:

Honey, was at the run looking in at her sister and I managed to use the sneak-and-scoop approach to capture her :lol:

Here's me and little Z with Honey (couldn't resist a cuddle when she was in my arms :oops::love:) we are having discussions about why giving dandelions is kind, but why we never, ever open the hutch to let bunnies into the garden.

29263137acd193248644ae527dd1e198_zpse8ec3f90.jpg

We do want the bunnies to be able to free range one day but until I can guarantee the garden is as bunny proof as it can be I don't think my nerves can take it. :shock:

Awww Honey looks just like my Pip! :love:
Glad everything ended well but I can imagine the shock of seeing free bunnies in the garden. :shock: I would get nervous enough when I allowed Mimzy a gad in his fenced yard when he lived outdoors. He'd sit atop his carrier to survey his kingdom and I'd be on point looking for predators or BOP's.
(Yeah I didn't get much else done in those days. :lol: )
I'm actually very fortunate he never felt the need to dig a tunnel out of there! :shock: My house sits on five acres of bushes, high grasses and thick forest at the perimeters and I would never have found him! :(

Back