• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Need This Hot Weather to go Away Because I Have Rabbits to Bond

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
............... and I cant do it in this heat as it would be far too stressful for them. At the moment I have 13 Rabbits and 9 of them are single. They are in enclosures right next to other Rabbits, but if I could bond a few pairs they would all have more room.

Roll on winter !!

Come and live in Scotland? :lol: it's warm here, but not uncomfortably so. I used to miss the hot weather of the South until I had bunnies.

I have just looked at the Farming Weather for the next 5 days and it is meant to be cooling down a bit, +25c instead of +30c !! Still too damn hot !

Yeah - I love the heat usually - & the buns are coping well, but it's too hot for Marty & Danny. Marty is booked in for another shave so that might help a bit (although he's still short furred from last time).

Danny looked miserable last night so I hosed him down. Then he looked miserable & wet:?

I usually like the hot weather but am not coping at all this time, oscar is really struggling with it, I keep putting the fan on him but he hates it and moves away from it. I've even taped an old piece of netting over the kitchen window and back door so I can leave them open for him, my house must look ridiculous :lol: I will be glad when it cools a bit.

I just wish it could've waited another week or so, I'm on my time of the month which makes me sweat more than usual even in normal weather :(

I too love the summer. What I don't like is menopausal hot flushes + hot weather = sweaty :(

I'm in Glasgow nd all i can say is.. I want it to rain... Just been out to sweep out the shed and its like a sauna!!! I am back in the house,,,, way too hot for us wimpy Scots!!!

I'm in Glasgow nd all i can say is.. I want it to rain... Just been out to sweep out the shed and its like a sauna!!! I am back in the house,,,, way too hot for us wimpy Scots!!!

My poor Scottish bunnies are wondering what has happened :lol:. They're not used to this. The temperature in the shed is above 40, because the thermometer has stopped recording now it's so hot :shock:. Thankfully there are no buns in there, and they won't be able to go in until late this evening. Will be a late tea for them tonight, but will need to work out how to do the medicines without upsetting them too much.

Hi weedug... My bunnies shed is roasting but both runs are in semi permanent shade so they are both on the slabs, flat out and panting... I have given them a bowl of water with flat leaf parsley in it so they have been drinking loads too. Feel a bit better about that as the parsley is holding onto water too...

Wee smudge being black, is having a rough time.. His moult is phenomenal!!!

Come up to shetland. I think the highest we've had is about 20 and we always have a cool breeze from the sea.

Back