• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

susie's bill and ashes *may be upsetting*

Jesselle

Mama Doe
So my lovely little nethie Susie passed around a month ago... and I have just returned from a 10 day holiday, which did me the world of good.

I'm still quite cut up about how she passed and last night I received the itemised bill and broke down. Not over the amount, but over the list of things she had to have. It just made me feel so sad that she went through all of that during her last days. I didn't get to see her before she passed as they euthanised after exploratory surgery, because nothing could be done. It was a really traumatic time.

I've also just received the call that her ashes are ready to pick up. :cry::cry:

It just seems so cold seeing documents. I know exactly how you feel. I'm so sorry. :cry:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was exactly the same with Dee three weeks ago - it's heartbreaking. I've just got her ashes sat on my chest of drawers, I don't even know what to do with them :(

Big hugs x

I hated the 4 days of her being away from home in treatment :( I just felt so sorry for her. it's just a reminder of it all. My poor girl.

I don't know what i'll do with the ashes either... keep or scatter?

I hated the 4 days of her being away from home in treatment :( I just felt so sorry for her. it's just a reminder of it all. My poor girl.

I don't know what i'll do with the ashes either... keep or scatter?

My box was sealed, you can't open it. I assumed every box would be unless you asked for it in a pouch, which implies that you can scatter it :? Otherwise if the lid came off as you were carrying it or something, they'd risk all blowing away (or something like that)!

I lost 2 bunnies recently-one 6 weeks ago and one about a month ago_One was having lots of tests and died at the vets and the other died at home.I had them cremated and because they were a bonded pair I have them on a chest of drawers together.They are in "scatter tubes".I really don't know what to do now.I guess im just not ready to scatter them in the garden yet.Im hoping I will just know when the time is right(hope so anyway).Im very sorry you lost Susie.Binky free little one.x

We have our cats ashes still in the garage from 5 years ago because we couldn't decide what to do with them. You'll know when it's the right time. Sending love to you and your gorgeous Neville :)

I kept both of my rabbits ashes both from over a year ago. I don't think its time limited that I have to decide what to do with them.
It's pretty traumatic when they have a less than peaceful end but I try to think about the life mine had instead.
Sorry for your loss.

My box was sealed, you can't open it. I assumed every box would be unless you asked for it in a pouch, which implies that you can scatter it :? Otherwise if the lid came off as you were carrying it or something, they'd risk all blowing away (or something like that)!

Mine come in a little pouch inside the box. I assumed the box was sealed, but I asked if Harry and Heather could be put together after she died, and he showed me how to open the box. If yours are the same, there's a wooden fillet across the middle of the front, you pull or push it and is sort of levers open and releases a catch in the lid. It wasn't easy to do (presumably deliberately) but you should be able to open it if you decide you want to scatter them. Hugs x x

When my puppy dog died I scattered his ashes because I didn't like the idea of him being cooped up. I figured if I scattered he could come and go when he pleased. I also put a little cross where I scattered him. It's totally heart breaking to do I even get upset visiting the place now. Do what feels right for you though x

Back