• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those of you with single bunnies...

JemimaH

Warren Veteran
Roughly how much time do you spend with them per day? :wave:

Alfie is now single and indoors - I can't face or afford getting another rabbit for a considerable amount of time, if ever, so I now have to try and spend as much time with Alf as possible. He's free range in one room, can't go in the house because of the cats, so this makes it slightly difficult but just wondering how much time everyone else spends with their buns.

Last edited:
I spend a lot of time with Spenser, but he lives in my bedroom. To be honest, sometimes he makes me feel as if I have outstayed my welcome, but as he goes in the huff if left for several hours I think he does like the company. His situation is different though, as he's always been single.

I hope you find a routine that suits you and Alfie.

I don't spend as much time as I would like with my single bun. When he was in the house and I was working probably 4hours of a day and that's not solid time. Now he is outdoors but I am not working at the moment, I probably spend more time with him, but I still don't think I spend enough time with him :( he does share the shed with Moley and Poppy so he can see and be near them. Although Moley paid more attention to him then Poppy does so he doesn't have as much interaction with the bunny kind anymore :(

I don't spend as much time as I would like with my single bun. When he was in the house and I was working probably 4hours of a day and that's not solid time. Now he is outdoors but I am not working at the moment, I probably spend more time with him, but I still don't think I spend enough time with him :( he does share the shed with Moley and Poppy so he can see and be near them. Although Moley paid more attention to him then Poppy does so he doesn't have as much interaction with the bunny kind anymore :(

Alf lived side-by-side his sister after a failed bond for around 7 months, but we then made the (awful) decision to rehome her as they wouldn't rebond so he's had the run of their enclosure for a while. He struggles to keep himself clean, however, and I didn't want to risk flystrike so brought him inside. It's been quite a transition! It's meant I've been more attentive to his health though which is both good and bad, especially since I've literally just discovered he has sore hocks - yet another vet visit :roll: He's not a massive stroke bun at the moment though, so I'm working on it!

Thanks, Susie bun.

I'm home 2-4 days per week and every evening. He also spends an hour with me every morning whilst I get dressed etc. Hector is constantly with me in my study or on the sofa. That said, in the afternoons he sleeps so I know that whilst he is on his own done days, he must sleep through a lot of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Charlie was single, I spent almost all day with him. He was alone when I was asleep or in the shower basically! Once that changed, I got Milly so he wasn't lonely.

At the moment quite a lot of the day, I'm off uni for summer so he gets all day with me if he wants it. A lot of the time he just naps somewhere though so he isn't really bothered with me being there til 5pm or later (when he wants his tea and evening strokes) :)
He's been on his own for a year and a half now and he's ok as long as he has company for a while early morning and evening, and he has more than enough room for bunny activities in the day :)

I do feel mean when he only gets mornings and evenings, I know he's less bothered than me but even so I'm looking into getting him a friend soon :)

Back