• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging and dominant males

I've got two 1 yr old rabbits (Iggy and Yogi both male and brothers) and Iggy keeps digging holes and then lying in them, I've tried to search why he does this but can't get an answer anywhere, does anyone know why? :?:

Also Yogi is more dominant out of the two and I'm worried that Iggy isn't getting to eat as much as he needs to, but Yogi is never violent or rough with Iggy (just greedy haha!) so I don't want to split them up, does anyone know how to stop this? I've tried separating food to other ends of the hutch and leaving Iggy in the hutch on his own for a little while but nothing works. The heat here is 25+ so I'm worried Iggy not eating/drinking enough will seriously harm him so advice quickly would be a great help :thumb:
Thankyou :)

It is natural for rabbits to dig . . .

2010_0706suttonstunnel10045.jpg

2010_0706suttonstunnel20046.jpg

Not sure about the food bit but our Bruce does the digging and lying thing. As we have two pairs their runs get moved around the garden, if Bruce goes over to a patch where the others have been he will dig as if to move their scent and then lie in it and wriggle around as if to mark it with his. It is quite amusing.

Back