• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone else's buns off their pellets?

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
My two usually go crazy for their pellets. But (I posted at the time) the new bag of Page and Allen pellets, they aren't interested in. They're the same pellets they have always had.

I contacted the company who say they haven't altered the formula.

Could it be the heat? They are loving the hay and other stuff still, so I'm not particularly concerned - more puzzled. They actually walk away from the pellets mid-feed - that is weird!!!

Are they harder than usual? I don't know how exactly they are made, but I think sometimes pellets can be over-cooked and get really hard (and therefore not so tasty).

Yeah they are I think - that's why I contacted them. They seem 'shinier' as well. I don't want to buy another bag though - they come in 20kg sacks. I also don't want to move them onto another pellet as these are a real bargain - about £8 for 20kg - lasts ages. Of course, if I need to, then I will - but Excel and the likes are really pricey.

The formula is probably the same then, just that they are over-cooked. I've had this happen with guinea pig pellets - very annoying. It puts me off ever getting big bags.

Back