• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Banishing Bun from the living room...

sun_city_girl

Warren Veteran
So Bun is free range, except he cant go in the bedrooms upstairs (and he doesnt like walking on the floor in the kitchen!). We shut the door to the living room overnight and he has his space under the stairs and the hallway and stairs and landing where he can run about. In the day he usually comes in the living room with us, he uses his litter tray but obv he cant help pooping in other places, hes not destructive at all (he has no incisors) but he does make a mess. It was okay when Andrew didnt work as much and wasnt doing shifts as he used to clean up everyday but now we are both working shifts and long stretches this isnt always possible and the mess is annoying andrew and starting to stress him out, the main problem is Bun seems to love doing extra poops on the sofa :(

Anyway I was planning on getting a stair gate and meshing it, so he couldnt get into the living room as much, my question is as a single house rabbit do you think this would be mean?

andrew definitely will not let me have another rabbit in the house, he loves Bun but I know the mess makes him stressed!
This would probably be a temporary solution as I have longer term plans to pair him up and move him outside....

Hmmmmm, I understand why you/he are annoyed by this. I'm lucky in that I only find the odd stray poo. However, Bun probably will miss your company. If it's temporary however....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew should come to our bunny palace for a holiday - and I tell you he will never ever complain about Bun's stray poops again :oops::lol:

Hope you can work something out - personally I don't care about poop as it can be swept up - pee is another story altogether of course - but I do get how it can annoy some people.

I guess it all depends on how "temporary" it would be. As a single bun, he will miss the company if he isn't let into the living room whilst you & your partner are at home. Personally I am like Fellie, my four buns are my babies and they are like toddlers...I expect them to make a bit of a mess, and I expect there to be accidents, always have been and always will be. I can even live with a chewed up settee :lol: and all the hay everywhere :roll: but really, a few poops here and there don't take much time to clean up.

I don't care about the stray poops either!

Have you got any puppy pens to enable you to block off the settee? or an old throw that you could put over it which could then be taken off and the poops just shaken off into the bin?

If I banned Louie from the lounge he would most likely claw the door down!

Back