• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am appalled (Free ad)

luna

Mama Doe
I don't know why I do it but I go on free ad sites looking at bunnies and every week I end up reporting up to ten ads. Today I saw a free ad that really made me furious. I'm not sure if you have a site like this in the uk but basically people put up ads and it is like a forum. Members can go on and say they want a rabbit and the seller will just say yeah without asking any questions of where the rabbit will be going to. :shock::shock::shock:

Anyway I came across an ad where a guy is selling rabbits for a tenner each ( breach of the rules right there as it is an adoption only site), secondly they are only 3 weeks old, thirdly they are on some kind of grill/ wire, and lastly someone asked do they need much care and he said no ...that they don't, just some food and clean the cage once a week so I went on and commented with the following:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a lot of minding required with rabbits. They need space , neutering, vaccinating , research on diet , they don't like being handled, and they live for ten years.they are the most neglected pet in this country because people don't do research on their care and they are being dumped in rescues when people realize they are not "an easy pet".

Baby rabbits are not weaned at 3 weeks. They should be with mum until 8 weeks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran out of space so couldn't write anymore .... I could have kept going for ages. Then I reported the ad to the adverts team. I really think I should stop looking at free ads though. I think its bad for my health, I really do see red when people post ads like this. The poor little bunnies, they are only 3 weeks old!!!!!!:cry:

Apologies for the rant xx

Last edited:
Do you want me to have a wee look? i can assist with freeads issues...

Pm me the link

Fee x

Do you want me to have a wee look? i can assist with freeads issues...

Pm me the link

Fee x

Yeah no probs but I'm in Ireland? Just incase you weren't aware :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

The seller responded and said they weren't aware of the care rabbits needed and withdrew their ad.i hope they keep the babies with mum now and give better care advice in future !!!

Oh no ...Why did I have to go and look again. I saw another bun that is living in a plastic storage bin like what people use for hamsters. I left a comment about guidelines for accommodation etc. Need to stop looking !

It's horrible isn't it :( Ever since I visited that farm with the rabbits in poor conditions (and got a load of abuse for my concern) I really don't want to go anywhere where there's animals, in case I have to see them living in bad conditions.

At least if you are commenting and reporting these ads then the person involved has no excuse for the incorrect care they're providing. Hopefully the seller who responded will look into proper care for baby rabbits.

It makes you lose faith in humanity though doesn't it :( There's some really stupid and irresponsible people out there who do whatever they want with animals and can't be told any differently :evil:

Back