• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

She's back!! *update*

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe

She seems really well although looks very sore :( Vets said she was the best rabbit they'd had for recovery, she ate all the packed lunch I'd sent in :D What a good girl :love: She is messing with it a bit but hopefully she doesn't mess too much :(

Last edited:

She seems really well although looks very sore :( Vets said she was the best rabbit they'd had for recovery, she ate all the packed lunch I'd sent in :D What a good girl :love: She is messing with it a bit but hopefully she doesn't mess too much :(

Just keep your eye on her that's all you can do. My girl ended up wearing a vest as she completely opened her wound up!

This is assuming she was neutered?

Last edited:
[/B]

Just keep your eye on her that's all you can do. My girl ended up wearing a vest as she completely opened her wound up!

Eek I hope she doesn't! She didn't really mess with it before except when I'd just bathed it so I was hopeful she wouldn't now. Maybe it's because it's 'new' and feels different and is probably very sore! Hopefully if she leaves it alone long enough to let the swelling go down and healing begin it will quickly become less sore. She's got loxicom.

Thanks all, keep popping my head in to check on her and she's just been lying down relaxing so fingers crossed she's not going to mess too much with it :thumb:

Glad to hear Heidi is back home and seems ok. Hope everything heals well. Did the Vet say it should be ok now?

Glad to hear Heidi is back home and seems ok. Hope everything heals well. Did the Vet say it should be ok now?

She's got a check up on Thursday. I only spoke to the nurse when I collected her. She did say it was quite red around it but I must admit it doesn't look as 'neat' as I was expecting! But yes she should be fine, unless she does it again! She seems to be a serial head humper so I am worried about it happening again :?

Well I needn't worry about Heidi's digestive system - there was an unbelievable amount of (normal sized!) poops in her area this morning :shock: :lol: She took her medicine well and wound looks ok, it's quite a 'lump' though, not sure if it's swelling or it will stay that shape :roll: Just worried if it stays protruding there's more chance of it being bitten again :?

What a worry! But maybe this will have put her off head humping, hopefully! Vibes for a good recovery.

Dafty! She won't learn. Fiver had his bits and piece injured (only a tiny nick) and he still insists on humping.

Just have to hope that a nip as severe as it was is just a freak accident and it won't happen again! She won't be happy but will have to keep regular checks on her bits from now on!

Back