• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help !! missing bunny in county durham

lou8

New Kit
Im so worried my english lop baby has escaped her run earlier today, she is broken sooty fawn and only aprox 13 weeks. Her older sister is really depressed without her. If people in county Durham can get the word out she is missing and Im looking for her, also what organisations should I contact ? Ive phoned vets and not sure what to do about posters as I dont have a computer of printer :-( she hasn't been micro chipped yet was booked in for 30th. I will try and get a picture uploaded of her

I don't live in Durham so the only thing I can suggest is finding a friend who has a printer/computer, or trying to spread the news by word of mouth. Do you know where she got out of the garden - where she went immediately after your garden, if she's in a neighbour's garden at the moment?

She might come back on her own, rabbits have a good memory for that sort of thing. Mine always came back within a day or two when they escaped, if not for the next feeding time.

Sorry I can't help more, I do hope you find her.:(

I will upload a picture this evening as I need to go up my mama to upload it as my mobile Internet is slow.
I've checked both neighbours gardens on both side just incase , though isn't any gaps in the fence. She was in a run but got out of that only place she could of got out was a tiny gap by gate, to small for her sister to get through but she might of been able to. I'm going to leave gate open In case she comes back. Im going search shed properly in case she went in there.

Sorry I don't live nearby, but I didn't just want to ignore your post, sending you lots of good vibes that she will hopefully return soon or you find her, I would get in touch with vets, any rescues nearby and perhaps get some posters out as/when you can.

Hope she's back home soon safe + sound!

Oh no, I hope that your bunny can be found safe and sound asap. What a worry for you, thank goodness for the help from another RU members.

Oh no :( She'll most likely be in one of the neighbours' gardens, so I'd knock on as many doors as you can and ask if you can have a look (they may not know where to look or know how small a space a bun can squeeze into). If you hand write a poster and leaflet some shops like newsagents still have photocopiers (our local Co-Op does). Then put a leaflet through the door of every house on your block and posters on the lamp posts/bus stops/local shops. Hope you can find her. Good luck xx

I won't let me up load on my tablet :-( maybe I could email it I dunno. I am in south durham (trimdon village). She is quiet small about 13 weeks, she is mostly fawn in colour, has a white stripe on her face and her stomach is white. She is a english lop. Thamnks for all the support home it works

Last edited:
She is still not home but good news sort of. Some one has found a bunny matching her description and is looking for me but pet shop didn't take there number :-/

Still not found person who found her :-( made posters and put them through people's letter boxes Im the streets surrounding as well as in shops

go ahead with spay ?

Both bunnies are booked in with honor at vets4pets Sunderland on 31st, if penny isn't found by 30th should still go ahead with poppy's spay or wait to see if I get her back and re book when they can be done together ?
Poor poppy is missing pennny so much, searching every room for her and keeps jumping on me demanding cuddles and nose rubs, don't get me wrong I love bunny cuddles just sad she is getting lonely, she is always with me but Im not the same as another bunny, fingers crossed the little ones home soon

Back