• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free veggies on a Sunday :D

tashp90

Warren Veteran
OH's friends parents own a pub and, like most these days, do a carvery service on a Sunday. OH and I went earlier on today with his friend and his OH. I was talking to his OH about the rabbits, and his parents overheard me talking about the veggies I give them. As we were leaving, his mam came out with a huge bag full of broccoli, cabbage, Carrot, parsnip etc. She said they always end up with some left over as they buy it in massive bulk orders each week. With the weather as hot as it is and has been, not as many people are wanting a roast dinner, so she said that each Sunday, she'll contact OH for us to pick up whatever unused veg they have :thumb: I obviously asked about any treatments etc and she said it's all organic, comes to them with mud still on it :lol::lol:
I have 3 very lucky girls here! OH thinks I'm nuts because of how happy and excited I got :lol: :oops:

OH's friends parents own a pub and, like most these days, do a carvery service on a Sunday. OH and I went earlier on today with his friend and his OH. I was talking to his OH about the rabbits, and his parents overheard me talking about the veggies I give them. As we were leaving, his mam came out with a huge bag full of broccoli, cabbage, Carrot, parsnip etc. She said they always end up with some left over as they buy it in massive bulk orders each week. With the weather as hot as it is and has been, not as many people are wanting a roast dinner, so she said that each Sunday, she'll contact OH for us to pick up whatever unused veg they have :thumb: I obviously asked about any treatments etc and she said it's all organic, comes to them with mud still on it :lol::lol:
I have 3 very lucky girls here! OH thinks I'm nuts because of how happy and excited I got :lol: :oops:

:D That would be me too. I took a sick rabbit to the vets a few weeks ago and the vet who saw us had taken some celariac tops in but they didn't have a lot of rabbit in-patients that day so gave me a big handful as she knew there were loads of mouths to feed back home. Yours is a regular supply of good quality food though, no wonder you are excited!

:D That would be me too. I took a sick rabbit to the vets a few weeks ago and the vet who saw us had taken some celariac tops in but they didn't have a lot of rabbit in-patients that day so gave me a big handful as she knew there were loads of mouths to feed back home. Yours is a regular supply of good quality food though, no wonder you are excited!

I kept asking her if she wanted anything for the veggies but she was insisting that she didn't.
OH was just laughing at me, I was stood there like ":shock::shock: Omg thank you so so much that's amazing they'll love it :shock::shock:"

I think it's just such a shock these days when people are so generous!

Back