• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hanging things from a hutch roof without damaging the wood

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
How do people hang hay wreaths and other toys up in hutches? Is the only way to put a nail/screw in the ceiling?

I don't really want to damage the wood and I'd be worried about him climbing up and poking his eye out :oops:

You could use a cup hook - just screw it into the wood. It's cheap, easy to hang things from, and a bit safer than a nail.

How do people hang hay wreaths and other toys up in hutches? Is the only way to put a nail/screw in the ceiling?

I don't really want to damage the wood and I'd be worried about him climbing up and poking his eye out :oops:

I would use some really strong self adhesive hooks because you could puncture the outer felt if your not careful with screw in hooks.
I've had self adhesive hooks in the past that are so sticky you can hardly pull them off lol.

Tension rod? It's a bar and you twist to make it longer until it's wedged front and back. They use them as handing rails for clothes etc. should be able to get them in a DIY shop or somewhere like ikea.

Tension rod? It's a bar and you twist to make it longer until it's wedged front and back. They use them as handing rails for clothes etc. should be able to get them in a DIY shop or somewhere like ikea.

That's a great idea! And so logical when you think about it !

Back