• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!!

Schtoffen

Mama Doe
Little chewed the corner of a freezer ice block, one of the blue ones. I saw her licking her lips so she's obviously got some of what's inside :cry:

It's colourless odourless and tasteless...the brand is 'Iceblocks' and it says non-toxic on the side.

Does anyone know what they put in these??

Freaking out!!!

Bobo did this a couple of years ago...and lived to tell the tale.

We gave him all his favourite foods...and a big bowl of pellets to neutralise any effects. But he had only just broken through the plastic covering and couldn't have got a lot. You could do that and just keep a close eye on her with A&E vets number on hand.

Fingers crossed she will be okay.

God I hope she's alright. Have given bowl of Pro-C to help flush it away. Will stay up for a few more hours to check on her. Ohhh poor Little :(

I would give the Vet a call and see what they advise. Personally I'd want Vet to consider running a blood test to check kidney function. Some fluid therapy might be advisable too, but it may have been better done before now.

Hopefully the contents are as stated and 'non toxic', but I would certainly want to err on the side of caution.

Back