• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Forage Books?

Does anyone know of good books that help you to identify different types of forage and their benefits?

The best one i can find is Green Foods for Rabbits and Cavies. Does anyone know of any others?

I am currently writing a 12,000 word one with images etc on exactly that topic for the rabbit welfare association. It should be out in October for the conference. So a sort of handbook size

I am currently writing a 12,000 word one with images etc on exactly that topic for the rabbit welfare association. It should be out in October for the conference. So a sort of handbook size

Excellent. Id like to get hold of one, but in the meantime are there any that are currently available? Id like to be able to identify what is edible in our new garden so that i can make the most of them before things start to die off. :)

I'll be buying that if they're for sale! :D

I'm currently only picking hawthorn, sticky willies (or cleavers I think they're called!), pear sticks, apple sticks and the usual dandelion leaves etc.. :lol: I see things and think "I'm sure that's safe.. but I don't know if it is.." and end up confusing myself so leave it in the end :lol:

Rabbit Nutrition by Virginia Richardson has a fair few plants in and a poisonous list too. It's a small book but also pretty cheap.

Try having a look for human plant ID books and then you can just cross reference with online lists of rabbit safe plants.

I have The Weeder's Digest by Gail Harland. You could cross reference it with a rabbit nutrition book.

I'm eagerly awaiting Twigs' book too.

Back