• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny that might not bond?

Ellasyn

Mama Doe
My Ruby bunny seems to have issues. She came to me with large multiple bite wounds, although herself seemed a friendly and calm bunny. She is a large red eyed bunny, white with dark ears, nose and feet. She was just underweight when I got her so took a while to get her weight up, heal the wounds (vet was amazed by how well they healed considering the size and her background (low weight suggesting poor diet). She was then neutered and vaccinated. I had at the time a male and female who were also neutered jabbed and waiting for bonding. Once all hormones were settled I did intros to see if any combination would work (male was a very chilled bunny, female was a dominant and pushy but not nasty bun). Ruby was immediately defensive with anybun that came near, to the point where I just thought it best to leave her out of it, and go for bonding the other 2 together. They were slow to bond but happy now and very loved up, after a few months. Is is even remotely safe to think Ruby may bond? I dont know where would let me take her to see if she could find a suitable friend and she is at best going to be complicated.

She is thankfully a very cuddly rabbit, so she gets very spoilt. She has cuddles in the morning, and cuddles and free range in the evening (she is outdoors though). She isnt the most energetic of bunnies, and mostly likes to DBF or have cuddles. I feel bad because she cant be an indoor bunny here, I just dont have any suitable space. We are trying to find a nice bigger house where she could come inside instead, but would that be ok for her? Should I try and find somewhere that would let me "date" her with suitors or hurry along the house move and hope that her being alone is the right thing?

I have 2 dor 3 does who remain single for various reasons. I really don't think they would bond with a male, so I keep them single. Only you can really judge whether you think she might get along with another bunny, if you are happy about her going away to meet somebun then why not try it.

Back