• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Verticle gardening

Britannia

Warren Scout
I'm not much of a gardener but I'm so proud of myself, usually I can't keep any plant alive more than a week but now I have lots of fresh herbs for buns in very little space :)

verticalgarden1.jpg

(Don't worry the chives are obviously not for the buns)

It's an old shelving unit stacked with pots. I drilled holes in opposite sides of the square pots so when I tipped them on their sides they still had drainage. I've run a irrigation line across the top so it can constantly drip water through the top side of the pots - that way I don't have to worry about washing too much soil away when I water.

So now I have 17 pots in an area that use to have only 5, unfortunately I have a really tiny garden most of which I've made sure is bunny safe for their supervised garden time (they are in-door buns). The vertical planting is down the bottom of the garden where the buns aren't allowed because my other half likes having fresh tomatoes which I know aren't bunny safe - plus, my two left to their own devices would strip that lot bare in 10 minutes.

Back