• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sunbathing bunnies

serenity087

Young Bun
Obviously leaving bunnies in the sun is a bad idea and I always ensure mine have shade and plenty of water! However, whilst checking on my bunnies a while ago, I was mortified to find Axl lying on his back with his legs in the air and his head flopped back, like he was tranced!

I ran to the run to save him and he jumped up, landed on his feet and glared at me for blocking his sun!!!

I've never seen a bunny sunbathe before, does anyone elses do it?

Yes, mine do, but I've never seen them fully on their backs; they're either lying on their tummies or have flopped onto their sides.

Yeah mine do :) The hutches are in the back garden so by the time the sun is directly on the hutches it's evening time and quite cool, although Baby did once flop out next to me in the middle of the day whilst i was sunbathing and letting her free range :love: I put suncream on her ears though because she's ginger and has a few bare patches :oops:

Mine usually sunbathe but it's far too hot today, they are happily dozing between the big pot and the wall where it never gets any sun, i put my hand through the gap and it is definitely cooler - I really wish I could squeeze in there with them :(

Back