• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can domestic rabbit survive in its natural surrounding??

mona

New Kit
i had a rabbit for 3 months,but it started excreting hear n there and also started chewing electric cables. forcefully i had to send it,from where i bought it.....

there are nearly more 30 rabbits .......i jst want to knw if it can adjust in its new surrounding or it feels lonely dr???

Rabbits will generally chew wires etc, and don't always poo in a litter tray. They generally poo and pee as they eat though so can be trained to do most of their business in a tray if you put newspaper in the bottom and then hay on top.

I'm not sure if I am understanding you correctly, have you kept a wild rabbit inside and then released it, or have you left a domestic rabbit where there are wild ones?

Leaving a domestic rabbit in the wild is cruel and could lead to the rabbit being attacked by the wildies, and/or it could be killed by a fox etc :cry: if you really don't want your rabbit you should take it to the rspca or a rabbit rescue where it can be looked after and hopefully found a new home.

i had a rabbit for 3 months,but it started excreting hear n there and also started chewing electric cables. forcefully i had to send it,from where i bought it.....

there are nearly more 30 rabbits .......i jst want to knw if it can adjust in its new surrounding or it feels lonely dr???

I don't quite understand . Sorry, I'm a bit slow today . Do you have 30 rabbits ?

If you can no longer care for a bunny, give it to the RSPCA . If you release it into the wild it will die .

I'm sorry I am not sure what you mean. Can you please explain?

Are you asking whether a pet rabbit can survive if you release it into the wild? If so, the answer is no. Wild rabbits will not let domestic pet rabbits into their burrows and will fight with the pet rabbit. Pet rabbits that are released into the wild usually die, they are eaten by foxes and other predators.

Back