• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chain or rope for toy making?

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
I recently bought this lot from chinchillas2shop and loved what I got!

What I would like to know is what is the best way to get these onto a hanging toy? Can I use a thicker jute natural string or am I better off using a chain? Like the one on this hay hanger? http://www.amazon.com/Trixie-Rabbit...d=1405592327&sr=1-1&keywords=hanging+hay+ball

If so does anyone know where I can get these? i really want to make some new and interesting toys for the boys! Thanks!

Can I be cheeky and ask how much that lot cost?

It looks brilliant :thumb:

It was around £30 in all. I wouldn't usually have gotton this much but I want to make some toys for my buns and for my mums parrots too. And this stuff is good for both. :thumb:

Wow! That's pretty good :thumb:

It depends on how much of a chewer your bun/s is/are as to whether you would be better using sisal rope or a chain.
I don't know much about parrots but I would think a chain would be better for them and sisal rope for the buns

That stuff all looks brilliant - can't believe it wasn't more expensive! :)

Anytime Ferg has had a hanging toy with rope it has lasted a maximum of 12 hours... The rope is the first bit to go! He has one of those football garland things from p@h and that has survived brilliantly, only the wooden bits have been ruined :)

I suppose it depends how destructive/chewy your buns are! :)

That stuff all looks brilliant - can't believe it wasn't more expensive! :)

Anytime Ferg has had a hanging toy with rope it has lasted a maximum of 12 hours... The rope is the first bit to go! He has one of those football garland things from p@h and that has survived brilliantly, only the wooden bits have been ruined :)

I suppose it depends how destructive/chewy your buns are! :)

I guess your right. I was hoping that I could make some of these and try selling some on? But I wasn't sure what would be best to use?

They sell sisal rope on chinchillas2shop which is what I've used when I made them a toy but now mainly use it to hang up veggies

I guess your right. I was hoping that I could make some of these and try selling some on? But I wasn't sure what would be best to use?

Sisal rope would probably be great for most bunnies - I know a lot of handmade toys (there are quite a lot on etsy!) are made from that :) Fergs just a nightmare for ruining anything nice :)

Back