• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor grieving Boo...

louise and Gus

Wise Old Thumper
I just don't know what I can do to make her feel better, since loosing Gus on Monday she's hardly moved from "His spot" in the room, only to use the litter tray, she is eating but with no excitement or enthusiasm :( She was with him at the end so I think she knows he's gone.

I am going to try and bond her with my other pair at the weekend but its awful to see her like this, she is usually so lively :(

I've been sitting with her but after a little while she growls and starts digging the blanket

It is awful seeing a Rabbit for whom bereavement has a profound effect :cry: Sometimes changing things around within their environment can help. Not immediately, but after a couple of days. Just putting some upturned cardboard boxes about, anything that might spark a bit of curiosity.

I hope the bonding will go well. She might need a bit longer to adjust first though. But I am sure you will read her needs well and do what is best for her.

It is awful seeing a Rabbit for whom bereavement has a profound effect :cry: Sometimes changing things around within their environment can help. Not immediately, but after a couple of days. Just putting some upturned cardboard boxes about, anything that might spark a bit of curiosity.

I hope the bonding will go well. She might need a bit longer to adjust first though. But I am sure you will read her needs well and do what is best for her.

Thanks Jane I will try that, she is usually so inquisitive and into everything!

All rabbits are different but some take a few weeks to deal with their grief. Flora was very withdrawn after she lost her Brother but she did start to show signs of improvement after 2 weeks. Best of luck with the bonding.

Poor Boo :( After so many years alone she was probably just so delighted to have a friend that she's taking the loss very hard :( Everything crossed for a nice smooth bonding - give me a shout if you want a hand starting off, but I guess you might be thinking of giving it a go earlier than I'm going to be off work?

Gentle snuggles for the lovely lass xx

Thanks Alison, yeah after all that time alone the bonding to closely to Gus she must just be so upset. I am going to start early friday morning, I am hoping it should be smooth, after all she did accidentally introduce herself once with no problems :shock:

Sending comforting vibes for Boo, and hope bonding goes well at the weekend. It must be difficult to watch a rabbit grieve as well as dealing with your own sense of loss.

I hope that Boo will show a bit of interest in things around her today and that she will feel ready to meet new friends over the weekend xx

I hope that Boo will show a bit of interest in things around her today and that she will feel ready to meet new friends over the weekend xx

Well thanks for your suggestion Jane, I gave her some new boxes last night and moved everything around and it does seem to have taken her mind off things a bit, she was having a nice little explore when I went to bed and she came out to see me this morning...she's tucking into some hawthorn for breakfast

Back