• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel like I'm letting Crystal down

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
We can't work out what is wrong with her. I'm doing all that I've been asked (by Iain Cope), but we don't actually know what's wrong, we're not getting any answers back from any tests and all I'm doing isn't working/helping, so chances are it's not that either.

I don't know what else to do, but I really feel like I'm letting her down :(

You are not letting her down, but I get why that is how you feel. It is harder to deal with a sick Rabbit when we cant find out exactly what is wrong. How is she within herself at the moment ?

Thanks Jane. She's completely fine. Not fussed at all. Even tolerates the nebuliser like a hero. Completely, completely normal and pickleish. Thankfully.

Yeh, just that, nothing else at all.

Could it be a heart problem ? All my Rabbits with heart disease first presented with increased respiratory rate/effort. In themselves they were absolutely fine. Maybe slightly less active than normal, but certainly nothing to make them appear to be obviously ill.

She's had a scan and x-ray and nothing has shown up.

My feeling is a lung cancer, but again, nothing is showing up on that count either.

She's being nebulised with Salbutamol and it's not showing any improvement at all.

Blimey, she is a puzzle. You and the Vet are obviously doing everything possible to try to establish a diagnosis, as I said before, no way are you letting her down. At least she is blissfully unaware of a problem as she is fine within herself. Unfortunately it's you who is having to bare the brunt of the stress and anxiety that not knowing exactly what is wrong can induce.

Back