• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having second thoughts about bunnies going to OHs mums ...

Alison Marie

Wise Old Thumper
I've just been up to see the playhouse that Oh insists is fine. Ummm, where are they going to put the run and how will they attach it? There's a door that doesn't shut properly and nowhere to attach it. Having second thoughts ...... I just want them to be safe - would be heartbroken if anything happened. Oh is going to sort it on Friday - if it isn't I may ask a friend to come up here instead :shock:

Guessing you mean to cover a holiday?

Could your friend stay at your house? It would be much less disruptive to your rabbits and I think you would feel happier knowing they are safely in their own home rather than in what doesn't sound very good accommodation.

It'll be for just over a week. Nobody can come and stay over else I'd keep them here - we were going to hVe a friend come over daily but I don't want to leave them unattended for that long ..

Also I didn't like the look of any boarding places round here they all look quite small compared to what mine have got :shock:

It'll be for just over a week. Nobody can come and stay over else I'd keep them here - we were going to hVe a friend come over daily but I don't want to leave them unattended for that long ..

I agree with you, in which case let's hope your o/h can put everything right.

Don't forget to leave a full list of instructions - we don't want them having cheese on toast for breakfast. ;)

Are there any pet sitters around who you could ask to visit your house to look after them in situ? You could try dog walking people, they might be more reasonable price wise. Then if you got friend/so to visit too they would have a few visits per day.

I agree with you, in which case let's hope your o/h can put everything right.

Don't forget to leave a full list of instructions - we don't want them having cheese on toast for breakfast. ;)

They will have strict instructions !! I know oh's mum will look after them. Oh's brother's girlfriend knows a bit about buns too so I think theyll be ok, its a residential area no foxes around and the garden is secured ... hopefully im just being overly cautious!

Jasper is taking over their spare room, ohs mum asked (in a serious tone) whether the single was enough or if he needed a dpuble :lol: :lol:

They will have strict instructions !! I know oh's mum will look after them. Oh's brother's girlfriend knows a bit about buns too so I think theyll be ok, its a residential area no foxes around and the garden is secured ... hopefully im just being overly cautious!

Jasper is taking over their spare room, ohs mum asked (in a serious tone) whether the single was enough or if he needed a dpuble :lol: :lol:

I don't mean to be the voice of doom and gloom, but often you will not see foxes in an area until a prey animal is resident. I would be very cautious about letting them run around the garden (if that is what you are saying they will do? Wasn't 100% clear). I would only let them out when there is someone to supervise them.

I don't mean to be the voice of doom and gloom, but often you will not see foxes in an area until a prey animal is resident. I would be very cautious about letting them run around the garden (if that is what you are saying they will do? Wasn't 100% clear). I would only let them out when there is someone to supervise them.

they won't be running around the garden, don't worry. i mean that if they happen to get out then its secured. OH's sister lives a couple of doors away and has had freeranging hens for the past few years and they've been ok - so fingers crossed ....

Hope your OH sorts every thing out. I know how much your looking forward to your holiday. I was lucky, grown up son at home who loves Will and Nancy.:love:

Back