• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor Shelters

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
Today has been for the most part sunny so as per usual I have been free ranging the bunnies. However a few minutes ago I had to rescue Willow and Clover as we had a sudden torrential downpour :shock: The sky went suddenly dark and the heavens opened. I donned my raincoat and wellies to get them but don't worry they were not soggy bunnies :D

I thought I would post this to highlight what can make a difference in all kinds of weather. It is very good to have shelters from the sun and rain outdoors. Shelters in general can make bunnies which are prey animals feel more at ease as well.

I found my boys in a perspex tunnel, cuddled up and nice and dry. I herded them into a carrier and put them back in with a couple to treats to make up for the weather, so they are not complaining too much :D

I thought it would be nice if we could post pictures of the shelters and other amenities we have outdoors for our bunnies.

On the patio my buns have tunnels and a playhouse. There are also two big bins with holes cut into the bottom for smaller snugger hiding places.

Willow emerging from a tunnel.

Paddy also emerging from a small tunnel.

Paddy coming out of one of the bun shelters.

Tessa in the playhouse

On the grass they have a gym, a slide to hide under and lots of tunnels.

Elidore in front of the slide which Elsa is hiding under.

Bridge bun Emrys in a tunnel

Bridge bun Mona beside the gym

Bridge Buns Berrie and Emrys in the gym.

Elsa and Elidore clambering over a tunnel

Post your pics everyone :D

I have no pictures as I don't have outside bunnies. The heat gets too brutal. I love the kids toys as shelters. The bunnies seem to also. The cats at the rescue that I volunteer at on Julie's good day uses the playhouses

Back