• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My poor hot bunny

Kim_perkins

Mama Doe
I feel so cruel when it gets so hot!

It's unbearable in my place today, I had her outside but it was to humid and hot, she lives indoors and I let her out most days but I've decided it's much cooler in here with fans blowing and no direct sun!

She's take herself to the corner against a cold wall, I went over to see her and give her a stroke and she just gave me this look as if to say I am not moving. Legs splayed out and just chilling!

This weather is horrible for them :(

Aww bless! I've given mine some leftover bathroom/kitchen tiles which they love when it's hot

Not sure how far she would get :lol:

Maizie is a serious chewer and hasn't been interested in chewing the tiles that are down

Good point! I might steal some from my mums house and see what she makes of it. She tends to follow me to the kitchen and sit watching me on the cool floor so it must be beneficial to her! I've got some juliette doors that I open up onto a balcony and I block that off and she gets a nice breeze through there for most of the day. Find myself chasing her with water like drink drink you must drink!! She's like a baby! Lol

Good point! I might steal some from my mums house and see what she makes of it. She tends to follow me to the kitchen and sit watching me on the cool floor so it must be beneficial to her! I've got some juliette doors that I open up onto a balcony and I block that off and she gets a nice breeze through there for most of the day. Find myself chasing her with water like drink drink you must drink!! She's like a baby! Lol
Hahaha I have an image in my head of someone chasing a rabbit with a bowl of water now :lol:

I think tiles are definitely worth It, I have a few around the rooms and they especially like the ones hidden away. All 3 are lying on riles as we speak :lol:

Aww poor thing :(

It's rainy and humid here and my lot are just sat in the corner sulking, even the indoors two can tell the weather is horrible!

I honestly do just that I have water bottles in one hand and a bowl in the other and just runs off kicking her back legs up. Charming.

Oh no! We have had alot of rain and due a load at the weekend but today it's easily been about 28 degrees. Bleughhh. No good when you have a fur coat!

Aww poor thing. She needs something cool to lie on instead of carpet; she won't get cool on carpet. As suggested above, a few cool tiles would be appreciated or what we've got, which is a marble chopping board! :lol: I don't think my late Auntie Barbara actually had a rabbit cooling itself on it in mind when she gave it to me as a present many years ago, but hey! It's too heavy to use on a daily basis but it's perfect for the bunnies, particularly in an old damp pillow case with a bottle of frozen water at the one end; keeps them lovely and cool. That option may not be suitable in a house though as your carpet would get damp/wet.

I will invest in some tiles :) got to make sure she's kept cool.

I know I'm in for a night now she's so chilled and calm because she's to hot later on once the sun dies down that'll be it - full scale hyperactive bunny.

I'll have her bouncing around every where - she always does this when it's warm, saves herself for the evening when I'm winding down or trying to eat my dinner which results in her tugging at me for attention lol

I've just posted this on a new thread, but here's Marble on her tiles:
ypusapy7.jpg

No issues here :lol:

Hector's kitchen is a quarry tiled floor. All good. Save he's currently lying on the door mat which is carpet. :roll:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our buns all have marbled tiles - they love them - got 10 for £1 at B&Q - cheapest and best investment I've ever made.

Bless her, she's a very gorgeous - albeit grumpy looking :lol: - girl!

I have Alfie outdoors (although he's moving indoors after the hot weather is over as he's single now due to Dee being recently pts) and I have a chimney pot on its side which he loves lying in! We have a slate tile as well but he prefers the chimney pot.

I reckon she would try and chew it! She's a serious chewer any thing and everything!

My two tried to chew their big tiles for the first day or two but soon realised they couldn't and they were nice to lie on!

I got a box of 10 large (bunny length) tiles from B&Q or Homebase for less than £5 because they were the last ones.

10462566_10154285346830195_5598126469378573205_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back