• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Needed - I've been let down on my aviary order : (

Koo09

New Kit
I'm in desperate need of some bright ideas! I placed an order for a 6' x 9' aviary 5 weeks ago and have just had it cancelled.

I'm due to rehome 3 rescue buns who are English spot x contis shortly after their treatment finishes on 24th July. My housing was all supposed to be ready by 22nd July for home checking...the shed is being delivered on Tuesday but now I will have no run to attach to it. I feel terrible that I may have to let the rescue down if I can't find a quick replacement. :cry:

Please, please, please does anybody have any ideas on where I can get a suitable replacement in super fast time? Or any ideas on temporary solutions?

I have a large enclosed garden for free time when somebody is home (which is most of the time) but obviously need something for when we are not there.

I'm gutted at this moment but I'm sure there must be a solution...I just can't think of it!

Thank you x

Where about's are you?

Some places stock standard sized aviary panels you can use to make your own.

Thanks guys :) I'm in Bristol and have had no luck finding local stockists. I'll definitely check our happychicks or may have to consider building from scratch! :/

TheHutchMan on here delivers all over I think, I can personally recommend him, he's great (and currently building me a HUGE run) Hope you can get something sorted in time.

I got mine from www.aviarieworld.co.uk a couple of years ago and it's been great. I don't recall how long it took or delivery though (I know they did deliver, but I'm next county to their workshop) but might be worth giving them a call. Or you can buy single panels on ebay, it should be easy enough to fix them together yourself into a suitable enclosure.

If things get really tricky, give the rescue a ring and have a chat - if they can see a firm light at the end of the tunnel they may be able to reserve them for a week or so longer. I'm sure they'd appreciate knowing in advance so hath at the home checker can plan their time accordingly and can defer your visit if necessary.

Hope you manage to sort something out x

I recently got some metal aviary panels from dogrunpanels.co.uk. They are brilliant if your building the run yourself, they just bolt together, bish bash bosh! And you can get roof panels too, although I got a corigated roof put on by a local handyman.
They are conti proof too, I can vouch for that!
I'm sure they do next day delivery too.
And metal so no maintenance, and will outlast wooden panels I'm sure.
Here is a picture of mine.
97ca48fe047b9ed6f96677422142211a_zps5ada6425.jpg

18f42f53b899baa2e5a6a3fb7a974b48_zpsfb4ed3dd.jpg

Thank you so much for your ideas. I called the rescue and they were very helpful and understanding. I still haven't had a refund from the ebay seller I was originally getting the panels from so have had to put in a claim (thank goodness for PayPal!). The great news is my brilliant father-in-law has offered to build me something from scratch :D

I've sketched some plans...happy again and hopefully won't have to keep the buns waiting too long.

Thanks everyone :love:

PS Karen, I love the pics, especially that fantastic sign! :D

Back