• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Very Hot Weather Reminder

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I am sure that no-one really needs reminding, but the next 48 hours are forecast to be extremely hot. Over 30c in the South, with very high humidity.

Please, please take every possible precaution to make sure your Rabbits are kept as cool as possible. Heat Stroke can come on so quickly and elderly and/or health compromised Rabbits are at even greater risk

There is some useful info here:

http://www.saveafluff.co.uk/rabbit-info/summer-care

I could do with a really cold marble slab at the moment! It is 26 C here already, and that's indoors with all the windows and doors open!

I could do with a really cold marble slab at the moment! It is 26 C here already, and that's indoors with all the windows and doors open!

Do you have a B&Q near you? They sell individual large tiles for around £3 - but if you're lucky you can pick up a box of 'seconds' - 10 large tiles - for £1. They work a treat.

I am in the north west and I dont think its forecast quite so hot, but I leave my buns with an Ice Pod in their run and a frozen bottle of water in their hutch. They are out of the sun for most of the day (get it a bit early on) so I hope they will be ok. They have plenty of water to drink too.

Ceramic tiles are a good idea - I am going to see if I can get some later.

I have no idea how old my rabbits are as they are both rescues, but I dont think they are especially old. Arthur is moulting madly so I brush him regularly to try and get his winter coat away.

It is a worry though. These rabbits are just little bundles of worry arent they? :love:

Just had to put the air-con on in the back room. I'll have to worry about the cost at a later date. It is absolutely stifling here :cry:

Apparently tomorrow and Friday are going to be even worse :cry: +34c :cry:

Then on Saturday a thunderstorm that is predicted to cause 'mass disruption' is due :shock:

Oh goodness we are supposed to be going to Preston on Saturday to watch Liverpool, eldest is bun and Molly Woof sitting :(

How do you know if your bunnies are too hot? M&M don't seem fussed really so far.

I've managed to keep my flat fairly cool so far, well 24 degrees at most on the thermost so far (last year it got up to 32 at one point).

I think I read their ears will be hot if they are hot is that right?

Back