• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gus - not just a rabbit

louise and Gus

Wise Old Thumper
I can't believe I am having to write this but yesterday I had to have my darling Gus put to sleep.

Gus was my first bunny, I saw him on Briar Patch Rescue's website back in 2006 and knew I had to have him,
there was just something special about him. This was him back then

A few weeks after getting him he was bonded with Poppy, who I lost a couple of years ago, Sweetpea and Dinky also joined the gang.

Gus outlived them all. He was sad alone and seemed to be getting old, so I introduced him to Boo last year,
it gave him a whole new lease of life, he was like a young bunny again and him and Boo adored each other and
had a very happy year until very recently when he started to go downhill. She was always right by his side

Gus has been there for me though so much and was just the most gentle, sweet bunny ever. He had to have his front teeth burred every 8 weeks and was always such a good bunny, never struggled or scratched or bit, he would always just cuddle into me.

If it wasn't for Gus I would never have joined RU, got any of my other bunnies, got involved in bunny rescue and learned what amazing creatures they are.

I don't know how Boo and I will cope without you Gus, my little man. Binky Free, go find Poppy, Sweetpea and Dinky xx

Oh no, Lou. My heart sunk when I saw this. :( I'm so sorry to hear about Gus; sleep tight dear little man. xx :cry::cry:

Oh no, Lou. My heart sunk when I saw this. :( I'm so sorry to hear about Gus; sleep tight dear little man. xx :cry::cry:

Mine too.

I'm so very sorry, always heartbreaking to read of the passing of others' special bunnies.

I can't believe all four on your signature are now gone.

So very sorry - but what a wonderful wonderful example of how much rabbits can bring to our lives and so much to share.

:( So gutted for you Lou. Gus had the best of lives with the best of pals, he couldn't have wanted a better home or a better life. Binky free beautiful boy, run and find your friends. Lou will look after Boo for you, just like they both looked after you xxx

I just saw this and my heart fell :cry: I'm so very sorry ((((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))
The bunny that opens up our world is always so very special...not that they all aren't but still.... :(
Sweet Dreams Gus, binky free up there at the Rainbow. xxxxxxxx

Back