• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Olive tree, toxic or ok if nibbled?

Not sure if right place.
i have a small olive tree I want to plan from pot into bed. When my bunnies free range they may be able to nibble it, or dropped leaves or eventually olives....so are they bunny safe?

Not sure if right place.
i have a small olive tree I want to plan from pot into bed. When my bunnies free range they may be able to nibble it, or dropped leaves or eventually olives....so are they bunny safe?

leaves and bark fine - olives themselves an issue because of the stones in them -

but tbh you will be lucky to get any olives get that big!

Ah, useful to know. My OH was eyeing up olive trees in the garden centre the other day. Do they do ok in this country?

Not bothered about producing food for us, we just want plants which can be pruned and fed to the rabbits so they get fed and we have mimimal trips to the dump to get rid of what is too much to compost.

Back