• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed to get?

Icho is still 2 months away from his neutering. But I am thinking about his future friend's breed and which would be the best for him. He is an English spot, very active. I love lops, French lops overall.
Does it have to be a particular rabbit's breed or any would work? Does it only depends on the bunnie's personalities?

Thanks! :thumb:

Icho is still 2 months away from his neutering. But I am thinking about his future friend's breed and which would be the best for him. He is an English spot, very active. I love lops, French lops overall.
Does it have to be a particular rabbit's breed or any would work? Does it only depends on the bunnie's personalities?

Thanks! :thumb:

Its more about personality than breed :) Once Icho has recovered from his op' you could contact a local Rabbit Rescue and arrange to take him to choose his own friend. There is bound to be one Rescue Rabbit there who he will fall for :love:

It's more about the personality, and whether they will get along or not. Usually the best combination is a neutered male and a spayed female. I would recommend going to a rescue and looking for a partner there, they will usually be spayed/neutered and vaccinated already, and they will often help by bonding for you, that way if a particular rabbit doesn't get along with Icho, they will usually be able to try him with alternative ones. :thumb:

I would go for an age similar to your existing bunny just to hopefully maximise their time together <3

I would def recommend going to a rescue. If you get a bun from a breeder or pet shop you will have to keep them separate until the girl is neutered and then when you introduce them they may not get on. Not sure what would happen then. If they really fight a future bond is less likely and you may have to keep them separate for their whole lives.

I would def recommend going to a rescue. If you get a bun from a breeder or pet shop you will have to keep them separate until the girl is neutered and then when you introduce them they may not get on. Not sure what would happen then. If they really fight a future bond is less likely and you may have to keep them separate for their whole lives.

Of course I will get it from a rescue ;)

Back