• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Remembering my Beautiful Poppy Girl April 2012 to 13.7.13

Den

Mama Doe
I cant believe a whole year has passed since Poppy went to the Rainbow Bridge. I have been looking at pictures and videos of her today and still struggle to get the image of her convulsion out of my mind.

Poppy, I hope your poor little body is fit and healthy again and that you are having fun at the Bridge. Too many bunnies that I "knew" are up there with you and I especially hope you found my first bunny Rosie.

Poppy, it seems so unfair that having been born in April 2012, given up to rescue in December 2012 and then finding your forever home with us on 9th April 2013, that you were taken from us after just 13 weeks. I will never forget you sweetheart, even though you were only with us for a short time. I know Will misses you, especially how you used to groom him.

Here are some pictures.

The day after I brought you home, you are at the front

You loved to groom me.

Here you are with your soul mate and brother, Will (you're at the front as usual)

You loved your herbs

The last picture I took of you on your own.

The last EVER pic of you, with Will (you're at the front)

You (sitting) and Will, currently gracing the RU calendar.

Sleep tight beautiful.
xxxxxxx:love::love::love::love::love:

Last edited:
She was a beautiful girl - she's on my kitchen wall on the calendar right now.

I'm sure she knew how much you loved her and I hope she's having lots of fun at the bridge xxx

So sorry - she was beautiful and looks like my first bun (also a bridge bun) so hopefully they've found each other up there, binky free Xxxx

She was a beautiful girl - she's on my kitchen wall on the calendar right now.

I'm sure she knew how much you loved her and I hope she's having lots of fun at the bridge xxx

She's at work with me :) I think they look so similar, did you ever get confused?

She's at work with me :) I think they look so similar, did you ever get confused?

No, we didn't get confused. Poppy was slightly bigger, and she had the black stripes going up from the bottom of her ears. Their faces were slightly different shapes too. Will's black ear stripes started to appear about a month after Poppy died.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, it means a lot.Friends and family are sympathetic but they don't quite 'get it', like my RU friends.:love:

Back