• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how can I get my rabbit rung

espannar

New Kit
Just got a beautiful angora buck who was supposed to be ru g and hes not. How do I go about getting this done and do ineed to if we are showi g????

It is usually the breeder that rings the rabbits, so I would contact the breeder.

For a BRC show the rabbits must be rung.

It is worth bearing in mind though that rabbits usually find shows very stressful and are much happier staying at home as pets.

edit: just remembered that they are usually rung when they are very small, so not sure you would be able to now. Best to ask the breeder.

Last edited:
Just got a beautiful angora buck who was supposed to be ru g and hes not. How do I go about getting this done and do ineed to if we are showi g????

This is more of a rescue orientated forum so I doubt anyone will know where you can get him rung :(

Only the original breeder can ring it as it is registered to them, you then have to fill in paperwork to transfer it to you, and be a member of the BRC. Did you buy him as a show buck? I would guess if he wasn't rung as a baby the breeder felt that he wasn't show quality. Breeders obviously produce lots of babies per litter, but not all meet the standards to be a show rabbit.

If the breeder didn't ring your rabbit and sold it to a non-exhibitor I doubt he/she is show quality, the ring has to be put over the rabbits leg when they're very young (and constantly checked incase it falls off) so it's probably too late now anyway. Besides shows are no fun for rabbits (or owners in my opinion, and I have done it)

If you bought him without a ring, you can't put a ring on him. Only the breeder can when they're very young. Just neuter him and love him for the bunny he is without subjecting him to being poked and prodded at shows.

Back