• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My little Cori has gone

Whitelighter

Warren Scout
Do we couldn't put Cori's hip back in. But now he has developed a squeak when he breathes. He seems to be eating and resting (he put on 30g in the last 48 hours) but the squeak has me worried.

Video to show

Last edited:
I don't have an answer but GOSH that must be hard for you :( sending loads of good vibes and I hope it gets sorted!!!has he seen a vet?

He looks to have compromised lung function, his side looks rather 'sucked in' His respiratory rate is slow too.. He clearly has respiratory problems and he needs to be seen by a Vet tonight. Sadly leaving him til tomorrow could bring about a tragic outcome :cry:

Cori has been admitted.

We improved things overnight by allowing him to breath steam from a hot sink though this was temporary. He has deteriorated this morning and when I got back from work he was very lethargic and mouth breathing.

Vet thinks it's to do with his upper respiratory system and he has had anti inflamatory medicine and is in an oxygen tent. Going to update this afternoon and see if there is any improvement and decide what will be best for Cori based on that.

Poor Cori :( Massive vibes and prayers coming your way for him. I hope he can pull through this. xxxxxxxxxx

HE'S STOPPED SQUEAKING!!!!

after meds and a night in an O2 tent Cori is breathing much better, no squeaks and he's tucking into breakfast of herbs and hay with gusto!

He's going to stay in at the vets for another 24 hours as his not 100% and we're mindful of a relapse but right not he's up, eating, breathing and starting to want out of his box.

Wonderful news! :D More vibes and prayers coming that Cori recovers swiftly and completely. :love: xxxxxxxxx

Cori started to go down hill again yesterday. Despite antibiotics and steroids he hasn't improved and this morning he has totally collapsed, unable to move he is fighting for every breath.

We (the vet and I) have taken the decision to put him to sleep. I think he's dying anyway and I don't want to see him suffer any more than he already has.

Thank you all for the vibes you have given. Poor little lad can be without pain now and forever.

Back