• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Breed ?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
..............is my new Bear. He is definitely a Charlie Bear, but I am not sure which one. The nearest I can find is retired Charlie Bear 'Mark' (see link below)

http://www.corfebears.co.uk/osp-862.php

I bought him with what was left of my Birthday money, he cost £8.00 from the Charity Shop. If he is retired 'Mark' then he used to retail for £39.99. But retired Bears increase in value. Not that I intend selling him !!

So for my 54th Birthday my friend Mal bought me a new Ballcock and a Charlie Bear !! :lol:

I'm not sure either but he's lovely :love:
He looks a lot like Mark.
I've got a little collection growing now, I have three, I get them every now and again from my boyfriend for birthdays/christmas. :D

It's just that Mark's fur looks to be darker and shorter :? But I've trawled through lots of sites and Mark seems to be the closest likeness. My Bear has the 'Charlie Bear' label attached to him, but not the label that is usually on a string around the Bear's neck. I suspect it is that label that would say which CB mine is. I think I will email an official CB supplier and see if they can ident' my Bear.

These matters are of vital importance of course !! :lol:

It's just that Mark's fur looks to be darker and shorter :? But I've trawled through lots of sites and Mark seems to be the closest likeness. My Bear has the 'Charlie Bear' label attached to him, but not the label that is usually on a string around the Bear's neck. I suspect it is that label that would say which CB mine is. I think I will email an official CB supplier and see if they can ident' my Bear.

These matters are of vital importance of course !! :lol:

let us know the outcome :lol:

it could be that he has been placed where sun has lightened his hair, you never know if he was kept in window

I think stock photos online can be a bit misleading. I've yet to find that something I've purchased is exactly as pictured. :)
Whoever he is, he is lovely! :love: I've never seen such beautiful plush as your bear, Jane, and your bunny too, ml1! :D
Good idea about calling the manufacturer. There should be a production number on his tushie tag perhaps that will help identify him. ;)
Another lucky find for you Jane! :thumb:

let us know the outcome :lol:

it could be that he has been placed where sun has lightened his hair, you never know if he was kept in window

Also, his fur is very smooth in the photo, which is probably making it look shorter. And it does say 'very long plush fur'

I think he might be a Mark. Either way, he is one beautiful teddy :love:

Most rescues are generally crossbreeds, but you can tell that yours has a pedigree - even is he fell on hard times for a while. He seems to have been well cared for and has landed on his furry feet. Bonding is so much easier with these and the vet bills are so much lower. Welcome to your new home, Mark.

Back