• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cats and rabbits can they live together?

bunny-boo

Warren Scout
Thinking of getting a kitten, but never had a cat before so just wondering if they are OK with rabbits?

They certainly can. :wave: there are many bunny and cat owners here on the forum... How the animals get along comes down to the animals personality. My experience is having a rescue cat and he gets on fine with the bunnies; I've even caught Reggie and Jamie snuggled together... :lol:

Someone who has experience with introducing a kitten might be able to give some more useful tips. I have heard that it can be difficult with a kitten as they just want to play and have tiny needle- like teeth and claws, :shock: so it would have to be a steady introduction.

I hope somebody can share their experience soon. :wave:

I have cats and bunnies, always been fine as demonstrated by Darcy Persian and Bigwig :love: however one of my buns was fatally injured by a neighbour's cat in 2009.

Have you considered a calm older cat?

Back