• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Peeing on the sofa.

Ladylooby

New Kit
Hi all,

Jessie (about 4-5months not spayed yet) is very good in her crate. She goes in the litter box without an issue. However when she's out in the living room, she pees on the back of the sofa. It is always in the same place, and behind my head. Hubby not happy about it, as a fairly new sofa but don't understand why she's doing it. We do have a cat and dog so don't know if that has something to do with it, but it's getting really annoying now.

Thanks.

How far away is her litter tray from the settee. if it is in a different room entirely, then it is unlikely that she would think to go back to it. It could also be down to territory marking. I would add another deep litter tray in the living room as close as you can get to where she is peeing, then slowly move it to where you would want it in the living room, and have a litter tray in each room she has access to.

When i had Violet she would pee on the bathroom floor especially if the kids had left towels on the floor....the main litterbox was in the kitchen. So I just added another litter box in the bathroom where she peed, and problem was solved as she then went in the litter box and not on the floor.

The only other times they have peed outside of their litter box, is when I don't get chance to clean it out as often as they would like! They let me know by pooping & peeing on the floor!

Mine would wee on my bed, even with a litter tray in the room and less than a few feet away! I found the only way was to not let him on the bed (or in the room in the end, as it was just easier)

Back